Monday, July 13, 2009

Trailer Park: Sorority Row (2009)


Right off the bat this movie looks like a clunker. For all intents and purposes, it seems to be a painful combination between John Tucker Must Die and I Know What You Did Last Summer. It's also apparently a remake, which adds mega points to the creativity factor. There's some seriously inspired casting in this film - Rumer Willis is pretty much my favorite actress ever. And if anyone epitomizes versatility in Hollywood today, it's Audrina Patridge. Who could forget her stellar turns as "Herself," "Herself," and "Herself/Host"? Poor Carrie Fisher. Her career really seems to have dried up in the wake of that one episode of 30 Rock.

Can we take a moment to acknowledge the downright clumsy and improbable nature of the plot? No, I'm not talking about the killer being resurrected from the grave; that I can handle. No, I'm talking about the train of thought running through the punk'd young man's head: "I think my girlfriend might only be pretending to be dead. I'd better check by ramming this tire iron right through her midsection." I was howling with glee when that happened in the theater, and it had nothing to do with the fact that Audrina wasn't going to be in the trailer anymore. I love when movies are predicated on an entirely ludicrous scenario like this one.

Sorority Row looks like a real clunker, without any redeeming value like all the rest of the drudge that studios slather on between Blockbuster Season and Oscar Season. September 11, 2009: I think I'll be pledging to some other movie.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This movie was in coming soon and most of the people are already looking for this movie Sorority row (2009) because this movie was little different from the other recent released thrillers I think it was more into teens and passion and nudity was there too. This movie was interesting and the trailer I saw was cunning indeed.

source

http://www.onlinemovieshut.com/movie-reviews/sorority-row-review-2009-death-becomes-a-tragic-in-their-lifes