Monday, May 16, 2016

The Top 10 Posts I Could Have Written (But Didn’t)

Lest you think it’s all fun and games here at The Cinema King, sometimes it’s pretty difficult to come up with a post every week. In honor of the latest difficulty in generating content (meaning I didn’t watch a movie this week), we proudly present “The Top 10 Posts I Could Have Written (But Didn’t)!”

10. Another lame, yet pun-filled excuse. Something like “Mid-May Malaise” or “We Were Killed Off on Game of Thrones Last Night.” (Spoilers: we weren’t.)

9. A revival of the old “Trailer Park” feature, in which I reviewed trailers from YouTube. (Any interest in that, by the way?)

8. “The Top 10 (More) Books On My Shelf That Ought to be Movies.” (Now including Thomas Pynchon’s The Crying of Lot 49 and Colson Whitehead’s Apex Hides the Hurt.)

7. An in-depth thinkpiece about whether we’re at a place culturally where we need our heroes to be fallible, flawed, and addicted to substances. (I think we are, but why?)

6. A tribute to the late, great Darwyn Cooke. (Not quite cinematic, though I did review the adaptation of his Justice League: The New Frontier back in 2008, before I fully understood the potency in Cooke’s work.)

5. My review of Daredevil: Season Two. (It’s been a while since it came out; I liked it, and it didn’t do anything wrong, but it just didn’t hit it like the first season did.)

4. An update to my “Top 10 Marvel Cinematic Universe Films.” (Captain America: Civil War clocks in at #4, while Iron Man and The Avengers have now switched places.)

3. Playing with Blogger’s new “Featured Post” setting and airing a rerun today.

2. A “Monday at the Movies” comparing the different film version of Hamlet. (Someday!)

1. An announcement that I’m changing my name to The Cinema Doctor. (Receiving my PhD, though, hasn’t given me a swollen head.)

Hit the Comments below to tell me which one of these you would have liked to see, or if there’s one I forgot to include in my list. (For those playing the home game, that’s a post I could have written, but neither wrote nor listed in the list above.)

No comments: