Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Top Ten Fears about THE DARK KNIGHT

10. The movie might not live up to the hype surrounding it. [But let's be honest, ten million critics can't all be wrong... can they?]

9. Maggie Gyllenhaal's "sad turtle" mug might drag the whole thing down.

8. A sudden turn towards the Schumacher.

7. An embarassingly over the top turn by Heath Ledger. [Actually I'm not at all worried about that, as the above clip dissuades any such notions, but it ought to be mentioned.]

6. No Morgan Freeman narration. [Actually, narration would probably kill this movie.]

5. The inevitable turn that there's no way that a threequel will live up to this one. [Unless someone listens to my idea about Brittany Murphy and Rose McGowan as Harley & Ivy... and Toby Jones for The Mad Hatter. Heck, throw in Ben Kingsley as Mr. Freeze.]

4. WAAAY TOO SHORT. Give me about four hours, Mr. Nolan, and I'll be happy.

3. Not enough Joker.

2. Get Smart Syndrome - all the good material being given away in the promotional spots.

1. This movie might be so awesome that as the credits roll I may just die of sheer ecstasy, which would be a shame since I'm sure that I'll want to see it more than once.

No comments: