Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Trailer Park: Disaster Movie (2008)

Continuing with the "God help us all" theme we've seen so far on this blog, I must warn you to stay away from what looks to be another steaming heap of cow... well, you fill in the blank with whatever scatological terminology best suits your moral vocabulary. Disaster Movie earns high marks for being the least funny trailer for a so-called comedy.

For starters, where are the jokes? Iron Man gets flattened by a cow. Um, what? Hulk's pants come off. Hancock hits a lamp post. Miley Cyrus is crushed by a meteor. Sarah Jessica Parker is played by a dude who gets beat up by Juno's baby in an even less funny version of a lame shtick from Adam Sandler's You Don't Mess with the Zohan (oh, trust me, I wouldn't dream of it). It's not that it's in poor taste. It's just not even remotely close to resembling humor. I got more laughs out of the trailer for The Day the Earth Stood Still. (Ha ha, I'm still giggly over that one.) The only time I sniggered was when the princess from Enchanted got hit by a car, probably because I've seen funnier movies where a character was involved in a motor-vehicular collision and was then reminded of them. I could direct this dreck, yet I won't - out of nothing less than pure altruism.

The movie stars Carmen Electra and Kim Kardashian. Do I need to keep going? It parodies High School Musical. It almost wasn't worth even linking to the trailer, although I suspect Disaster Movie is going to be added to several countries' "interrogation techniques" lists. Certainly falls under cruel and unusual punishment to me. Skip at all costs - this from a guy who regretfully sat through most of Scary Movie 4, despite every red flag to the contrary. (Hey, it was in HD, and I have a Y chromosome. You do the math.)

There's one good thing about the trailer. It warns you in advance that the movie you might be thinking about seeing is a complete federal DISASTER.

Disaster Movie limps into theaters on... oh, who cares. If you still want to see this movie, I won't help endorse it any further. Go do your own homework, Mr. and/or Mrs. Tasteless.

No comments: