Monday, June 23, 2008

Trailer Park: Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008)

This is actually the second trailer for Hellboy II: The Golden Army, but aside from being mostly similar, I think this trailer does more than the first trailer. Granted, I'm going to be seeing this movie regardless of its ad campaign, but I like how this trailer is distinct from others in that it doesn't have as much of the corny narration the first one did, and it introduces the movie by giving us a full scene before letting us know what the heck we're seeing.

Inspired casting in Ron Perlman as the big red devil Hellboy, and it's always good to see Jeffrey "George Bluth, Sr." Tambor getting work. This looks visually more complex than the first Hellboy movie, and I guess this is my only criticism of the trailer. This looks more like a Guillermo del Toro movie (in the style of Pan's Labyrinth) than a Hellboy movie. I know it's both, but I suppose I'm just spitting at a lack of visual continuity with the first one.

Oh, and despite how this trailer appears, Hellboy does use his "Aw, crap" catchphrase. That's just in the first trailer, though.

No comments: